The Gloversville Housing Authority is currently in need of a full time Building Maintenance Worker
This job posting can be found on Indeed at https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Gloversville-Housing-Authority/jobs/Building-Maintenance-Worker-0ad0fa44392afbe3?vjs=3
The work involves responsibility for independently performing a variety of mechanical and other building maintenance tasks or for serving as a helper to a journeyman tradesman. In either case, although a working knowledge of one or more trades is necessary, a Maintenance Worker does not utilize the more skilled journeyman techniques for any considerable portion of work time. In addition, the work may involve the part-time operation of a truck, automobile, and other automotive equipment. General instructions are received and work is performed under immediate or general supervision, depending upon the nature of the task. Does related work as required.
Typical Work Activities:
- Performs semi-skilled work in masonry, carpentry, electrical, or painting operations;
- Helps to install and repair wiring systems and electric fixtures and equipment;
- Repairs windows, doors, floors, walls and other parts of buildings;
- Does interior and exterior painting where quantity rather than fine quality of work performed is the principal object;
- Helps install and repair general plumbing equipment, such as sinks, toilets and baths;
- Assists in cleaning and repairing boilers, pumps, heaters, pipe lines, valves and traps;
- Mixes plaster and concrete and assists in laying brick, plastering walls, finishing concrete work, etc.;
- Operates trucks, automobiles, air compressors, and other motorized equipment;
- Takes part in general grounds maintenance activities;
- Serves as general handyman performing a variety of semi-skilled duties.
Full Performance Knowledge, Skills, Abilities,and Personal Characteristics:
- Good knowledge of modern buildings and grounds maintenance and repair practices;
- Working knowledge of the practices and techniques of one or more of the standard trades;
- Mechanical aptitude
- Manual dexterity
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Two years of experience in either general building construction or maintenance work in one or more of the standard trades, such as carpentry, plumbing, or electrical.
Note: If the position requires the operation of a motor vehicle, then the following special requirement applies:
Eligibility for an appropriate level New York State driver’s license at the time of application for appointment. Possession of the license at time of appointment.
Applicants will also be required to complete a Fulton County Employment Application and submit it to the Housing Authority along with their resume.
This application can be found at https://www.fultoncountyny.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Employment%20Application_0.pdf
The Gloversville Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Wedo not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected category under federal or state law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Building Maintenance: 2 years (Required)
- NYS Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts