Search:
Gloversville Housing Authority | February Tower Talk
The Housing Authority shall at all times develop and operate each development solely for the purpose of providing decent, safe and sanitary housing for eligible families in a manner that promotes serviceability, economy, efficiency, and stability for the developments, and the economic and social well-being of the residents.
Gloversville, Housing Authority, Housing for disabled, Housing for Elderly
22087
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-22087,single-format-standard,edgt-core-1.0,tribe-no-js,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,hudson-ver-1.6, vertical_menu_with_scroll,side_menu_slide_from_right,fade_push_text_right,grid_1000,blog_installed,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12,vc_responsive

February Tower Talk

February Tower Talk

Prior to the start of the February 4th Tenants Association meeting, Brent Warren, Transit/ Mobility Manager of Gloversville Transit discussed how Transit could be able to help replace the cancellation of the courtesy Price Chopper Bus. Mr. Warren indicated that he would be working with Price Chopper to set up a system of tokens similar to how Transit works with Hannaford. Currently, with Hannaford, you request a card from your bus driver, and turn it in at the courtesy desk and receive two tokens (one for your return trip and one for your future trip) after you have completed your shopping at Hannaford. More details will be published when they become available regarding this service from Price Chopper.

After the discussion with Mr. Warren, Joyce Estey called the Tenants Association meeting to order. The secretary’s and treasure’s reports were presented and accepted by members in attendance.

Joyce and Maggie attended a meeting with the Gloversville Housing Authority’s Advisory Board and were informed that signs for No Visiting Pets and No Soliciting are coming. At this time, no specific date posting of the signs is available.

After some discussing regarding the monthly puzzle in Tower Talk, the members decided to discontinue the monthly puzzle due to the low participation and associated costs of publishing the monthly puzzles.

Joyce and Maggie also discussed with the Advisory Board about the possibility of having and ATM machine in the building. Further details will be published as they become available.

Our resident commissioner, Diane Sauve, will be in the Community Room to meet with residents on February 13th at 11:00am to discuss any issues that they may have. She also indicated that she would be having these meetings on a monthly basis in the Community Room for residents.

It has been decided to have a “Mini-Rummage Sale”/ Bake Sale on the 2nd of March. The sale is to help the Tenants Association make some money with the items that have been donated and also to eliminate the clutter in the Community Room. Volunteers are needed to bake for the sale as well to help set up and clean up after the sale. Sign up sheets will be posted on the bulletin board in the lobby for the tenants that are interested in baking for the sale, and helping with the set up/ clean up after the sale.

View the full Newsletter below.

Share Post